How to Report a Problem with Food
- For all questions or problems related to meat and poultry, please contact the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- If you are a consumer, health professional, or member of the food industry who wants to voluntarily report a complaint or adverse event (illness or serious allergic reaction) related to a food product, you have three choices:
- Call an FDA (Food and Drug Administration) Consumer Complaint Coordinator if you wish to speak directly to a person about your problem.
- Complete an electronic Voluntary MedWatch form online.
- Complete a paper Voluntary MedWatch form that can be mailed to FDA.
- If you are a member of the food industry who needs to submit a Reportable Food Registry report when there is a reasonable probability that an article of food will cause serious adverse health consequences or death to humans or animals, please visit the Reportable Food Registry page.
How to Report a Problem with Dietary Supplements
- Consumers or health professionals who wants to voluntarily report defects in the quality or safety of a dietary supplement or an adverse event (illness or serious allergic reaction) related to a dietary supplement, can visit the Safety Reporting Portal.
- If you are an industry member who needs to file a Mandatory Adverse Event Report about a dietary supplement as required by section 761 of the FD&C Act, please visit the Safety Reporting Portal. If you need assistance or have any questions about reporting on dietary supplements, see Dietary Supplements – Reporting an Adverse Event for more information.
You may want to consider the following service, should you be ready to start the registration of your domestic or foreign company.